Mar 29, 2012

Happy Jambalaya Day!!!


Yes, it's that time of year again - the day when Jambalayans from all over the world come together in celebration of their culture, their cooking, their religion!

But perhaps you found this blog by accident and you're wondering, what is jambalaya day all about? Well, it is the holiest of holy days in the Jambalayan culture. The day begins when all Jambalayans wake before sunrise and congregate along the shores of the Jambahoochie River and call out to the mother shrimp, while holding their shrimp nets outstretched. If a shrimp jumps out of the water and into someone's net, then that person is proclaimed leader of the year. You won't be surprised to learn that Jambalaya Day occurs annually... on April Fool's Day!


Get over here, you crazy YA Scavengers! Gotcha! (Except for those of you who were thinking from the get-go, Jambalaya Day? Whoever heard such nonsense. But admit it. Some of you were googling for a map of Jambalaya. It's not Jambalaya Day. No such thing. It's the last day of the YA Scavenger Hunt!


WELCOME, you ol' intrepid gamer you! If you're following the BLUE team scavenger hunt, you're in the right place. That's B-L-U-E Team. (Dog gone inflexible blog with no colorization.) Okay, here 'tis:

That's more like it.
Okay, here's a quick insert, so I hope you're reading every word. TODAY and TOMORROW - March 31, 2012 - April 1st (of the same year,) the first book in my series, ANGELS UNAWARES, is available through Amazon's Kindle store - FREE! Because, well, because... you're cool... and... I can... and well, it's a marketing ploy, really. First book's free. Maybe you like it. Maybe you come back for more - rather like a trail of bread crumbs... which makes me the wicked step-mother, or the evil witch... it's a win-win, actually. You get a book. I build a following... Okay, it's just cool, because you win without even trying hardly. Schweeeet! So, in another window, go here: ANGELS UNAWARES and download your free copy. (Yes, I'm doing the head bobbly thing. It's embarrassing. Look away.)

Now, back to business!
I am very happy to have the privilege of hosting on my blog, Tiffany Truitt. Her new upcoming release, CHOSEN ONES (Lost Souls) is scheduled for release June 12th, and check out her bee-u-tee-ful cover! The book hits the "stands" in June, but because you're playing this game, you get a fabulous SNEAK PEEK, right here! Right Now!


Here's the premise: (please feel free to insert your own cool, hip, musical accompaniment. As for me, I'll just hum along eerily.)

Life is bleak but uncomplicated for sixteen-year-old Tess, living in a not-too-distant future where the government, faced with humanity's extinction, created the Chosen Ones, artificial beings who are extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly.

When Tess begins work at Templeton, a Chosen Ones training facility, she meets James, and the attraction is immediate in its intensity, overwhelming in its danger. But there is more to Templeton than Tess ever knew. Can she stand against her oppressors, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?


Excellent, huh? And here's your SNEAK PEEK!!!

The room was a mixture of browns and greens, marble floors and wood. Rows and rows of books covered the walls. A leather couch with giant olive green pillows sat next to the end table. And then I saw it. I went still.
A piano.
My aching fingers grazed the keys, and then I quickly pulled my hands back from the slick coldness. I considered touching it again. It might help to block out thoughts of the many things I had lost. It would be like medicine.
I gently, hesitantly, pushed down a key. It quivered slightly under my touch. The hair on the back of my neck shot up, and my skin tingled. I imagined this was what it felt like to fall in love. In that moment, I was ready to fall.
I repeated the same movements over and over again, playing the only song I could recall. The song my father had taught me. How long had I been here? I couldn’t tell. Somewhere in the middle of my dark euphoria, I heard it, a quiet, intruding noise that stirred my senses from their hypnotized state and made me freeze in place. I had trained my instincts to be sharp. Never as sharp as a chosen one’s, but useful all the same.
Someone, or something, had cleared his throat.
I was aware of him behind me. I could hear him breathing. From that noise, I tried to determine my fate. Did it sound angry? Disgusted? I couldn’t move as I heard the noise of steps getting closer. I knew I wouldn’t be able to escape—not because my body wouldn’t work. Not because I wasn’t brave enough to make a run for it. I couldn’t leave the piano.
That was when I saw him. It was the chosen one from my branding. Not the one who held me down as the iron burned into my skin.
This was the one who was beautiful.


Nice! Thanks, Tiffany! And thanks, YOU, for playing!
Oh, whaT's ThaT? You came in search of a clue? A leTTer perchance? Hmmm. A leTTer... a leTTer... ParT of an anagram? Where, oh where, did I leave ThaT Thing? To whaT leTTer mighT you be referring? Oh, I know. A clue. Well, it's a letter near and dear to my guest, Tiffany TruiTT. Another clue? Today's show has been broughT To you by The numbers Three, Two, eighT, and Ten and the leTTTTTer...

Now, away with you, scavenging YA! Fly away to the next blog on your quest. I suggest you go here: http://amberargyle.blogspot.com/














and take with you, a letter...
"T".

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank YOU for playing! Readers ROCK! Don't forget to pick-up your free copy of my first book in the series, ANGELS UNAWARES, at Amazon's Kindle store. It's Free today, March 30th-April 1st!

      Delete
  2. OOOO, Chosen Ones will be released on my birthday! I will just pretend it's a bday gift to me~ *big ego moment*

    I love your conspicuous letter-giving methods.

    Lilian @ A Novel Toybox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conspicuous? Conspicuous? I know noT whaT you mean? :) Don't forget to go to Amazon's Kindle store today to grab a free copy of ANGELS UNAWARES! (wanders off mumbling... whaT was Lilian Talking abouT... conspicuous... ?)

      Delete
  3. I can'T imagine whaT ThaT leTTer could have been...
    Thanks a Ton!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome - a TON! :) Hope the hunt is going great! Pop over to Amazon's Kindle store for a free copy of ANGELS UNAWARES. (30th-April 1st) Happy Scavenging!

      Delete
  4. Tomorrow, the first book in my series, Angels Unawares, is available Free through Amazon's Kindle. March 30-April 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the excerpt! I'm really looking forward to Chosen Ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I love your post for the scavenger hunt, especially the title! Go Sherlock Holmes! I can't believe this scavenger is happening so close to my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Happy Birthday to Rachel. Happy Birthday to Rachel. Happy... (rip - the sound of shredding gift wrap)" Get on over to Amazon's Kindle store to grab a free copy of ANGELS UNAWARES - it's free today, March 30th-April 1st... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for The sneak peak and The leTTer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enchanted, Enchantress! Pop on over to Amazon's Kindle store and grab a free copy of ANGELS UNAWARES. It's free today, March 30th-April 1st! Because, well, readers are the best!

      Delete
  8. Hi Sofie :)
    Thank you for participating in the Scavenger Hunt.
    All the best,
    RKCharron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, RK. Don't forget to grab yourself a free Kingle copy of my book, ANGELS UNAWARES. It's over at Amazon!

      Delete
    2. Kingle? KinDle copy. Buttah Fingahs.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the book giveaway! I will most certainly be downloading it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having me some scavenger hunt fun! Thanks for the chance to read ANGELS UNAWARES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for giving it a whirl! Feel free to share the love with your friends - let'em know it's free through April 1st!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for participating in the Scavenger Hunt:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! (Geepers, that sounds formal.) You betch! (That sounds cheeky.) Hmmm... Thank YOU for playing! (Free copies of ANGELS UNAWARES over at Amazon through April 1st. Go grab one.)

      Delete
  12. Hi thanks for doing the hunt and for the extra giveaways. I've downloaded Angels Unawares, had my sister download it and I posted about it on facebook. It looks to be a great read. Also I've followed your blog to be entered to win Moonshine. Although I'm not sure if I did it right, I couldn't find a follow button anywhere so I put the URL you listed into the handy little "add" button in my "manage blogs I'm following" thingy on blogger. Hope that works, I'd really like to win :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there, LeighLou! Great to have you and thanks so much for sharing the news about ANGELS UNAWARES's availability today and tomorrow for free! Looks like you managed to "follow" the blog just great! I'll be drawing a "name outta the hat", so to speak, on Monday! Fingers crosed! In the meantime, good luck with the hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sofie! It was no problem, hopefully some people where able to find a great new author and book. Okay, that's good then. I haven't had much experience with blogs so I wasn't sure if I did it right. I didn't win your drawing or the hunt but that's okay. I got your book and won a drawing for a necklace from Croak by Gina Damico, so I'm happy. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete